- How long have you been in business?
- What is your registration number (with USDOT)?
- Company may not have one if it only does in-state moves.
- What insurance do you have? How are claims handled? Do you offer extra insurance?
- Also check if your homeowners policy will cover items that are damaged during the move.
- Can you provide references?
- Covid-19: How are you managing safety and getting work done?
- How do you accept payment?
- What is your cancellation policy?
Getting as many details on how the company charges before the move will help avoid surprise charges after the move.
- Do you charge extra for stairs, elevators, having to use a loading dock, etc.?
- How do you charge?
- Are there extra fees for anything?
- Are packing services charged differently?
- Are some days cheaper than others?
- How do you charge for materials (boxes, packing paper, etc.)?
- Do you charge for travel time?
- If charging hourly, when does the clock start/stop?
- Some companies start the clock when they leave and arrive at their office. Others many charge a travel fee and start the clock when they arrive and leave your home.
- How many people will be doing the work?
- Do you have a standard crew or do you use subcontractors?
- Get a general idea of how they will execute your move:
- What is your plan for my move?
- How long to pack? How many workers?
- How long to load?
- How long to unload?
- How long to unpack?
- Do you disconnect appliances (washer/dryer, fridge water connections)?
- Do you connect appliances (specify if you have gas dryer connection)?
- Is there anything you won’t move?
Still feeling stressed about your move? Space & Serenity’s Move Coordination services can relieve the stress of your move…from prep work before the movers arrive to unpacking and organizing in your new home. Contact Space & Serenity today for your complimentary consultation! Feel free to call at (832) 899-5135.